- Animal Heart Press Poetry Chapbook Contest: “There’s no theme – write what speaks to you, and comes from the innermost depths of your soul. What sparks your intensity, your passion, your curiosity, your anger. Tell us about it. We’re looking for 25-40 poems that fit tightly together. If some of the poems in the collection have been previously published that’s okay, but the collection as a whole needs to be unpublished.” $5 Fee. Deadline: February 28, 2021.
- Bad Betty Press: “We are OPEN for submissions from Black, Brown and Asian writers with a collection or pamphlet manuscript.” If this is you, and you’re interested in becoming a Bad Betty, please send us a sample of your work following the guidelines below. As always, we’re looking for writing that excites us, employs an original command of language and shows a dedication to craft. Your poetry doesn’t have to be about race (although of course it can be)—we’re looking for writing on any and all subjects and themes. A history of publication is great but not essential. No submission fee. Deadline: January 31, 2021.
- Ginger Bug Press: All the Oils, an anthology of Southeast Asian (SEA)/SEA diasporic words/art edited by Dena Igusti and Ally Ang. “We are looking for submissions of poetry, fiction, nonfiction/essays, and visual art from Southeast Asian (SEA) and SEA diasporic writers and artists.” No submission fee. Deadline: January 31, 2021.
- Riot in Your Throat Press: Submissions for full-length manuscripts “focusing on fierce, feminist voices.” $10 fee. Deadline: January 31,2021
- The Undocupoets Fellowship: “The Undocupoets Fellowship annually grants two $500 fellowships, with no strings attached, to poets who are currently or who were formerly undocumented in the United States to help defray the cost of poetry-related submission fees. Through our continued partnership with Catapult, 2021 Fellows will also receive a scholarship for a six-week workshop (or its equivalent value toward other Catapult classes).” No submission fee. Deadline: February 28, 2021
Vagabond City Literary Journal
Founded in 2013, we are a literary journal dedicated to publishing outsider literature. We publish art, poetry, and creative nonfiction from marginalized creators.